HERE IS OUR
Invitation for participation in the 22nd edition of “The Magic Curtain” International Festival of Performances for Children
From May 15th to May 19th, 2023 in the city of Targovishte, Bulgaria will take place the 22nd edition of “The Magic Curtain” International Festival of Performances for Children.
The team of State Drama Theatre – Targovishte, main organizer of the event, welcomes you to participate in the festival program.
The final date for sending your applications for selection is 21.02. 2023.
The application must be sent either physically to the address of the theatre – Bulgaria, 7700 Targovishte, G. Benkovski St 2, Drama Theatre – Targovishte or, preferably, online to our email – email@example.com
“The Magic Curtain” Festival is the only international festival in Bulgaria, which focuses on spectators, performances and plays, expanding to all stages of a child’s development – from the smallest of age up until the problems of the teenage years.
Who can participate?
Every professional theatre formation (state - funded or private).
- The performance should focus on spectators age 1 – 18.
- The performance should be created following high theatrical examples, regardless of the specific genre or type of theatre language (drama, puppet, dance, clown, pantomime, multimedia etc.)
- The group of the suggested performance, if selected and invited to participate in the festival program, should not surpass a total of 12 persons (cast, technical team and managers).
- The suggested performance should be adaptable according to the stages and technical capabilities of State Drama Theatre – Targovishte and State Puppet Theatre – Targovishte. 2
- If the suggested performance is more verbal than not, the theatre formation should be able to provide subtitles in English in case of selection.
Every theatre formation fills-in an application form, including as well the following: - Synopsis of the performance in English – 350 characters max.
- Short bio of the theatre formation and the creators of the performance
- A list of the cast and the roles
- Poster, high- quality photos and video of the whole performance
Travel costs, accommodation, meals, fee
The organizers of the festival cover travel costs on the territory of Bulgaria, plane tickets, hotel accommodation and meals for 3 nights. For international formations the organizers could negotiate a participation fee of no more than 700 euros.
With kind regards,
General Manager of
State Drama Theatre – Targovishte
The selection for the 22th edition of the festival will be done by the young theatre critic and dramaturg Mihail Tazev.